- This event has passed.
Inspire NWT Open House
September 1 @ 4:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
We wanted to share some great news and invite you to our open house! Small Economy Works has partnered with the Tree of Peace to deliver you, Inspire NWT in-person!
Please see the posters attached for more information about the open house or visit our website to apply for the program and hear back from our coordinators today!
Register for event – > https://www.eventbrite.com/e/open-house-inspire-nwt-fall-2022-tickets-406987329057
Apply for program – > https://www.smalleconomyworks.com/inspirenwt
What is Inspire NWT?
Inspire NWT is an innovation and community leadership program designed by, and for, young people (18-30) and educators in the NWT. Led by NWT instructors and featuring community leaders and entrepreneurs, the program seeks to connect entrepreneurship, education and culture through experiential workshops and real world activities. The program supports participants to set their own career or entrepreneurship goals guided by their interests, culture and community, while connecting with like-minded individuals from across the NWT.
Level 1 – Participants learn about the foundations of entrepreneurship and leadership from an Indigenous perspective. They focus on discovery and self-reflection, to help make their goals clear for a successful future. Throughout this level, participants learn about and engage with their community through a community impact project.
Level 2 – Participants work on a personal, community and business canvas. This helps them go through the steps of building a project or business idea that results in a concrete model to test in the real world. They meet with local entrepreneurs who have gone through similar experiences.
Level 3 (after program completion) – Alumni and graduates of the program bring their ideas and plans into reality with the guidance of mentors, financial resources and access to professional services. The program is self-driven through a gamified experience. This level is primarily offered for graduates of Inspire and Innovate.
What can you expect from the program?
- Weekly live sessions with instructors and coordinators who come from the NWT, or have significant experience living in the Territories
- Group Health and Wellness sessions with local experts and cultural leaders
- Mental health and wellness 24/7 phone-in supports
- On-going 1-1 check-ins with program coordinators
- Weekly guest speaker sessions with local/Northern entrepreneurs
- A weekly allowance and start-up grants
- Access to technology supports and internet
- A safe, collaborative and fun virtual or in-person learning environment