3rd Cook(Sandwhiches/Salads/Breakfast) Gahcho Kue
- Full Medical benefits
- 3.5% RSP matching
Serving the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Bouwa Whee Catering is a division of the Det’on Cho Hospitality Group, a 100% indigenous owned organization, providing top-tier, professional camp catering services to Canada’s northern mines. We promote a positive work-place culture focused on growth, teamwork and inclusivity and are seeking a 3rd Cook for our Gahcho Kue Mine site.
The 3rd Cook assists the Chef in preparing and serving all food products based on the requirements of the day-to-day menu, and the direction of our client.
Further duties include (but are not limited to): menu development, assisting with cleaning duties, and ensuring that Food Safe practices are strictly adhered to at all times.
The successful candidate must also be willing and able to fulfill all reasonably related requests of the Chef and our client.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to complete all assigned tasks in time frame allotted by the Chef
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of equipment used within the Food Service area of operations
- Experience in creating menus that correspond with meals being served
- Current Food Safe Level 1, standard First Aid, WHMIS certification an asset
- Familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work 12 hour days in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Excellent Customer Service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Concept of working as a team player, ability to work well with others and under limited supervision
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- menu development
- the training of junior staff members
- assisting with cleaning duties
- ensuring that Food Safe practices are strictly adhered to at all times
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.