Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and with a satellite teleport and network operations centre in Kanata, SSi designs, builds, and operates telecommunications networks in Canada’s North and around the world. With over 30 years of operating experience, SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband and mobile wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas.
Accuracy and completeness of accounting tasks are a critical component of SSi’s success. We are looking for a detailed and trustworthy key player to assist within our Finance department.
Are you looking for a fun and creative place to work where you can hone your skills and grow with the company? Have you spent a few years crunching numbers? Do you have a good grasp of standard accounting practices? Then we would love to hear from you!
- Collecting, organizing, and reconciling daily transactions and posting to our accounting software
- Becoming familiar with the features and tools of our customer management system
- Financial data analysis and forecasting
- Participating in month end duties
- Cross training for other duties within the Finance department
- Other duties that interest you!
YOU'RE A NATURAL FIT, BECAUSE YOU HAVE:
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills (French would be considered an asset!)
- Practical Accounting experience
- Training in bookkeeping or accounting
- Strong ethics regarding confidentiality
- An impeccable attendance record
- An ability to be methodical and detailed to ensure all steps are completed properly
- Great initiative and excellence in problem solving
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills
- A valid driver’s license
ICING ON THE CAKE
- You are driven to investigate discrepancies - if it doesn't look right, you get to the bottom of it
- The perfect balance of professional and fun-loving
- Driven to grow, evolve, learn and become the fullest expression of your professional self. As with all of our career paths, there is room to grow! Show that you can handle more, and we will make it happen!
If you feel that you have an exceptional talent with all things finance, but not the documented job history or educational training to back it up, we would still strongly encourage you to apply!
Why Join SSi?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.
If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!