Administration for the dispatching of all Buffalo Airways aircraft, ensuring that all aspects of the flights and paperwork are in accordance with company procedures, planning and monitoring throughout all flight phases.
This is a full-time Seasonal Position:
April to May 14th 0900- 1700 Monday to Friday for training
May 15th to August 31st – 0900 to 2100 (or as required) on 4:4 rotation
Opportunity for the right candidate to move to a 0900-1700 schedule that would cover weekend dispatch and assist with other department administrative tasks as required. (ie: 9-5 Wednesday to Sunday)
- Administration and internal auditing of daily charter and flight documents. Record keeping, data entry and reporting to Flight Operations, Charters and Maintenance.
- Flight follow and monitor progress of each flight from initial departure, intermediate stops, to final destination, or until flight watch has transferred to another flight follower
- Confirm flight itinerary with clients for the following day, and update any trip information as required; create trip sheets and charter packages as required
- Provide consistent customer contact confirming trips and flight details, ensuring customer requirements are met, including updates on flight status and scheduling trips
- Ensure all relevant pre and post flight information is recorded, along with relevant airport, customer, aircraft, contact, and regulatory information
- Liaise with Charter Sales team for client requests, or operational issues effecting customer service; coordinate hotel, parking, catering or special requests for upcoming trips as required
- Answering of dispatch phone, fire suppression phone and sending our ETA communications.
- Flight following all charter aircraft and Fire Suppression groups and being first point of contact for them while on contact or away from base.
- Calling the fuel truck, maintenance personnel or other departments as requested by flight crew.
- Answering of radio calls and recording of flight times.
- Updating of flight and duty times for all flight crews (both Company charters and fire suppression)
- Problem solving unserviceable aircraft and crew issues and knowing when to escalate problems to management.
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Proven customer service focus, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience in a fast-paced environment
- Northern experience an asset
- Previous experience in a dispatching role or similar position considered an asset.
- Aviation experience an asset
- Valid Air Operator Radio License considered an asset
Since 1970 Buffalo Airways has been operating our legendary aircraft with outstanding customer service. Partnered with our courier service, Buffalo Air Express, we offer our customers a service that is worldwide and dependable. With our variety of aircraft and dedicated employees, we accomplish our clients’ goals in both a timely and professional manner.