Permanent Position, Full-time, 37.5 hrs/week, 7.5 hrs/day
Reports To: Director of Finance
Purpose of the Position
The administrative and finance assistant provides direct financial and administrative support to the Director of Finance, as well as supporting the Executive Director and Program Managers with administration tasks.
The administrative and finance assistant is responsible for the general administrative activities of the Yellowknife Women’s Society, including answering phones and responding to messages, greeting visitors to the office and maintaining an active filing system. The administrative and finance assistant is responsible for providing support to the Director of Finance with financial entries including AR, AP, Payroll, Banking, Income Support and Charitable Donations.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take minutes
- Write and distribute email, letters, and forms
- Assist in the preparation of scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a confidential filing system
- Order or purchase office supplies
- Prepare/order promotional materials
- Prepare and distribute donor appreciation materials
- Update website and oversee the development and addition of new content
- Book travel arrangements, when required
- Provide supports to other program areas as needed/appropriate
- Submit and reconcile expense reports/credit card reports
- Accounts Payable data entry, payment of invoices
- Accounts Receivable. Prepare invoices, receipt of payments
- Prepare and submit deposits
- Payroll timesheets entry and review
- Provide administrative support during budget and report preparation
- Provide additional support to the Director of Finance, as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least five years of experience working in an administrative capacity within a business or non-profit organization
- Advanced computer literacy, including the Microsoft Office and knowledge of basic website administration
- Advanced Excel knowledge creating and data entry with spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience using SAGE Software or other Accounting Software ie: QuickBooks.
- Experience in providing support in AR, AP, Payroll, Banking.
- Strong prioritization and scheduling skills.
- Updated immunization and criminal records check.
- Class 5 Drivers License a definite asset
The incumbent must
- Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the responsibilities of this position.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility, be open-minded and honest.
- Demonstrate culture sensitivity.
- Be prepared to interact with a wide variety of individuals in a respectful manner, which may include using conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work in a high stress work environment.
The mission of the YWS is to:
- Support and assist women and their families in empowering themselves so that they can develop their goals, achieve wellness, enjoy equality and be recognized for the contribution they make in the community;
- Recognize the needs of women and their families, and identify the means to meet those needs through program development and funding initiatives; and
- Provide a safe and nurturing physical place for women and their families to meet and access programs and services.