The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our Yellowknife office has an immediate opportunity for a professional and dynamic Administrative Assistant to join our Buildings group. This is a full-time, Monday through Friday, in-office role.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Main reception duties including answering calls and greeting clients.
- Order office supplies and maintain office equipment.
- Coordinate mail and deliveries.
- Organize social events, meeting spaces, lunches, etc.
- Present a positive and professional image of the office to all colleagues, visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
- Coordinate with other administrative support to complete tasks.
- Develop a working knowledge of the PM Dashboard.
- Monitor project accounts and proactively liaise with Project Managers on a weekly basis on corrective actions and/or additional fees required.
- Ensure Project initiation requirements (written agreements, Internal Work Orders etc.) are met and in place to satisfy all Stantec’s ISO requirements.
- Prepare Project Set-up forms for initiation into Oracle.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of project risk assessments and other safety forms.
- Code invoices, verify budgets on tasks and correspond with subconsultants on revisions of invoices, as necessary.
- Assist the Project Managers with monthly invoicing requirements.
- Assist the Project Managers in the preparation/data analysis of project financials including Work in Progress, and Allowance for Doubtful Accounts for each project and provide updates to the PM on a regular basis.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience providing administrative support to a large group of people considered an asset.
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and have a commitment for excellence in your field.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite with excellent skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Familiarity with Oracle will be an asset.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn on the job and in formal settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be comfortable with making independent decisions within a defined framework of reference.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and eagerness to learn.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to be persistent when needed.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years administrative experience.
- Post-secondary administrative education would be an asset but is not required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.