Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and with a satellite teleport and network operations centre in Kanata, SSi designs, builds, and operates telecommunications networks in Canada’s North and around the world. With over 30 years of operating experience, SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband and mobile wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas.
Our staff love coming to work – your job is to help keep it that way! The Administrative Assistant will be an integral part of the People Person Department (PPD) providing much needed administrative support to the Yellowknife office. You will assist the PPD in developing new and better ways of performing essential administrative functions, including managing the company fleet and scheduling and supervising staff housing services – all while making a positive contribution to our PPD and dynamic and collaborative culture here at SSi.
- Take ownership of the office kitchen and clubhouse to ensure a clean, well-organized, sufficiently stocked, and safe place for all staff and invited guests to enjoy themselves
- Accurately track and report on all role assignments through the use of detailed, clearly written, and accurate budgets and documents, primarily using Word and Excel
- Assist PPD with event planning, staff recruitment, and onboarding tasks as required
- Take responsibility for staff housing services and tasks including renters, booking of units, housekeeping, maintenance services, and all related records and expenditures
- Administer and promote SSi’s Green Program to oversee such activities as recycling & composting, purchasing & planting flowers for the front deck in the summer, and managing internal plant care
- Assist with other office services when required, including purchasing of office supplies, making deliveries, doing pickups, and daily mail pickup and sorting
- Other duties that interest you!
You’re a Natural Fit Because You Have:
- An excellent professional toolkit, including attention to detail, strong verbal communication and writing skills, time management, trustworthiness, and the ability to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills. You are a smart person who can get things done
- The ability to convey information clearly and effectively through various media
- The ability to draft correspondence appropriate to the receiver that has the desired effect
- Strong knowledge of modern platforms including: all Microsoft Office programs, email clients, G-Suite (Google Apps) and more!
- A knack for streamlining processes, and the natural tendency to organize everything you touch
- A desire to inspire cooperation and promote a positive and engaged culture at SSi
- A passion to learn more and quickly
- A valid driver’s license
- Fluency in French, which would be an asset
Why Join SSi?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.
If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!