This is a combined position where the candidate will be required to provide support to two programs. As an Administrative Support Worker in the Transitional Housing Program, the candidate will be responsible for assisting with organizing files, donations, and program supplies. This position also requires staff to communicate compassionately with families, clients, and staff with positive social responses and within a trauma-informed practice approach. As a Senior Leader, the candidate will organize and implement appropriate games and craft activities for children ages 3.5 -10 in the After School program. The Senior Leader is also responsible for supervising and directing Junior Leaders.
Hours of work:
Administrative Support Worker - Part-time (25 hours weekly) during the school year. 40 hours weekly when schools are closed.
After School Senior Leader - Part-time (15 hours weekly) during the school year.
Submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assists Family Support Workers by filing and scanning documents into our digital filing system
- Organizes materials for clients such as literacy kits and food rescue hampers
- Keeps inventory of supplies for office and clients and assists Family Support Workers with shopping
- Plans activities, takes daily attendance and keeps journal updated on activities, events and concerns
- Engages with the children during activities and play time and encourages participation
- Prepares and ensures clean area for snack time
- Safety conscious and implements safety protocols as required
- Ensures all equipment and program areas are in good repair, cleaned and disinfected
- Performs other tasks as assigned by respective program supervisor
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relating to children ages 3.5 to 10 years old
- Understanding of Child Care Act and ECE regulations
- Good crises management, conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to implement planned activities and programs
- Sound ability to deal with the public on the phone and in-person
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good record-keeping skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- 1+ years of childcare experience
- Must have knowledge of child development and willing to engage in ongoing education
- Experience working with children with various needs
- Experience in utilizing behaviour modification techniques
- Experience working with diverse family backgrounds
Must have a clean criminal record with vulnerable sectors check, standard First Aid with AED (can be offered to successful candidate) and current immunization record with the Hep B series, up-to-date tetanus and a TB test.