NCS is currently seeking an Advertising Sales Associate to work full-time in a cross-cultural environment out of our main-office in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. We are seeking a self-starter with a proven track record and the ability to establish strong relationships with clients and grow business through sales of airtime and digital ads.
The Advertising Sales Associate is responsible for managing all aspects of client relationships – Assess clients needs, prepare adverts and scripts, compose contracts, billing and reporting. As the main contact for sales, you are resourceful and able to adapt in a fast-paced environment. Working with team members, you will develop marketing strategies that help drive sales and attend promotional presentations when required.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you are responsible for managing the front-line client experience regarding sales and advertising.
Please apply by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume in PDF. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sales & Advertising
- Creates new business by contacting potential advertisers
- Conceives and creates ad copy
- Prepares broadcast orders and advertising schedules in a timely manner
- Ensures advertisements are aired on time and according to the schedule requested by the client
- Works with indigenous language translators for advertising translations when required
- Monitors competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads
- Promotes and develops sponsorship opportunities for businesses, industry and other organizations
- Maintains customer account details
- Provides monthly billing and sales reports to Director of Finance
- Updates the websites with digital advertising
Marketing & Promotion
- Develop marketing strategies and attend community events to promote CKLB radio and the Native Communications Society
- Promotes and participates in activities for CKLB radio and the Native Communications Society
- Oversees development and production of promotional and collateral materials
- Sales: 2 years (preferred)
- Audio editing software experience (asset)
- Knowledge of Dene Culture and values (asset)
- Microsoft Office Experience required (required)
- Previous radio sales (asset)
The Native Communications Society of the NWT has a team of creative, passionate, and talented individuals constantly searching for experiences. NCS is the Northwest Territory’s premier Aboriginal Broadcaster with coverage spanning the entire territory and beyond. Our Radio Division, CKLB, delivers News, Current Affairs and diverse regional and cultural perspectives daily into the lives of NWT Residents, in five Aboriginal languages, and English.
NCS is currently seeking an Advertising Sales Associate to work full-time in a cross-cultural environment out of our main-office in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. We are seeking a person with a proven track record and the ability to establish strong relationships with clients and grow business through sales of airtime and digital ads.