YWCA is looking for amazing people for a rewarding job in after school childcare. If you want to make a difference in a child's life, keep reading! (And apply today!)
YWCA NWT has openings for part-time Junior & Senior Leaders with the After school childcare program operating at most Yellowknife schools. The after-school program is for children ages 4-10 years old. Staff provide a wide variety of exciting indoor and outdoor activities to keep children engaged and entertained. Minimum age to apply is 16 years old. Senior leaders are responsible for supervision of junior leaders.
Hours of work 3:00pm – 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding stat holidays. Additional time required on professional development days, early dismissals and March break.
- Under the direction of the Afterschool Coordinator, organize appropriate games, crafts and activities for children
- Required to work flexible hours throughout the school year on professional development days.
- Applicants must be able to support children effectively, participate fully as a team member, have good communication skills and be reliable and responsible.
- 1+ years’ childcare experience and knowledge of child development would be an asset.
- Clear criminal records check
- Anyone 18 or over also require a vulnerable sector check, a standard First Aid course with AED, and current immunization record with the Hep B series, up-to date tetanus and a TB test.
Hiring is ongoing. Send resumes to email@example.com.