The Assistant Store Manager provides support to the Store Manager in overseeing the daily retail store operations, and in the absence of the Store Manager ensures that store opening/closing and asset management procedures are followed.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that company rules and regulations are explained, understood and followed by all team members;
- Recruiting, developing, training, and motivating a team of Team Leaders, Assistant Team Leaders and Store Associates;
- Ensuring the inventory counts (on-hands) are done in a prompt and precise manner, in order to ensure proper resupply of goods;
- Act as secondary contact person for any issues related to store alarm system;
- Ensuring that established merchandising practices are followed; and
- Operating a cash register.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a management position in the retail industry;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment;
- Ability to efficiently organize time and manage priorities;
- Strong leadership and communication skills; and
- Flexibility with regard to availabilities and work schedules (day, evening, week-end).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please apply online.
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.