What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
CBC North in Yellowknife is looking for an energetic, creative Associate Producer - Technician (AP-Tech) who loves a fast-paced work environment, the potential of social media and the web, and above all else, chasing good stories. The successful candidate will be assigned to work on Yellowknife’s morning show, The TrailBreaker - a program that is alive with the sound, spirit and activity of the NWT.
The successful candidate will be the primary technical operator. Using a combination of sophisticated techniques and professional experience the operator produces an aurally superior product. Work is often performed under high pressure.
The AP-Tech will be a contributor to the show, joining in on air from time to time to interact with the host and the audience.
The AP-Tech will be part of the morning show team, and should be prepared to conceive of and deliver stories, live interviews, paks, and greens for the show, and help in the development of regular features and program segments.
- Combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from University and three years of practical and relevant experience or graduation from Community College and five years of practical and relevant experience;
- In-depth knowledge of local and national news;
- A passion for, knowledge, and understanding of Northern politics, and its place alongside both Canadian and wider International political issues;
- Solid journalistic skills;
- Excellent production skills;
- Previous experience working in a national or local newsroom in production;
- Demonstrated ability to develop meaningful stories and develop contacts;
- Must have the ability to handle a variety of functions quickly and efficiently, and meet deadlines;
- Innovative, flexible and calm under pressure;
- Takes direction well, works co-operatively but also a self-starter;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Embraces new technologies and keen to expand the program online;
- Comfortable interacting and presenting material live on-air;
- Finds way to use sound creatively;
- Open to new ideas and approaches;
- Strong organizational skills.