Bush Order Provisions is looking to add bakery support staff to its team. The support staff position will assist in many aspects of the operation of a multi-day wholesale sourdough bakery, retail take-out lunch service, and Saturday retail store.
The bakery support staff position will contribute, but not be limited to the following operational requirements; prepare ingredients for baked products, pizza, cookie and cream cheese production; bag and label baked goods; generally support the operation and provide customer service for the retail lunch service and Saturday retail store, and head kitchen cleaning tasks.
The support staff position will provide, for the right candidate, the opportunity to learn and advance in the bakery business receiving training in mixing, dividing, shaping and baking different sourdough-based bread. Initial advancement would target a secondary baker position.
It is preferred, though not necessary, that candidates be familiar with working in a retail/commercial kitchen or bakery, have kitchen cleaning experience or knowledge, and be comfortable with customer service responsibilities and point of sale systems.
Bakery/Kitchen Support (+/- 30hrs/week)
- Prepare secondary products:
- Cookies & Ingredients
- Cream Cheese & Ingredients;
- Prep dough inclusions and pizza ingredients for baker(s);
- Prepare and weigh flour for bakers;
- Heat and serve pizza for lunch service;
- Bag and label bread products;
- Clean kitchen:
- Wipe and sanitize all surfaces;
- Clean and sanitize all mixing equipment;
- Sweep and mop floors daily;
- Help clean staff bathroom;
- Communicate inventory levels on an ongoing basis.
Retail Duties (+/- 7.5hrs/week)
- Open retail store;
- Serve Customers;
- Operate Point of Sale System.
- Applicants must live or be willing to relocate to Yellowknife, NT.
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 Virus.
- Applicants must be able to work Saturdays.
- Ability to lift 20kg comfortably.
- Ability to be on your feet for long hours at a time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Have Food Safe training/Food safe certificate level 1 or willingness to obtain.
- Day shift
- Full-time hours: 30 - 37.5 hours per week
This position may be split into a weekday shift and weekend shift for the right candidates.
Please include a resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself! We will only contact those selected for an interview
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.