GSH is looking for a Base Manager for our base in Norman Wells. This position will help you grow your career as a pilot and in management. If you have great initiative, outstanding organizational and customer relation skills, and you are looking for your next adventure, this position might be for you!
The Base Manager will be responsible for managing all functions at the base including but not limited to administration, flight operations and client relations functions.
- Responsible IAW the COM, Section 2.2.6 and 4.2.1(2) for running a safe, profitable and efficient base;
- Scheduling and coordination of base aircrafts and base crew, pilots and engineers;
- Must be adept at identifying customer needs and be proactive and consultative in providing viable solutions;
- Communicate with GSH operations, maintenance, marketing and other internal departments;
- Manage and maintain base facilities along with safeguarding assets;
- Develop a rapport with local community, including political, business and government leaders/representatives;
- Identify any issues or matters beyond scope of the base and in a timely manner ensure that the appropriate department/personnel i.e.: client, prospective client, facility issue, etc. is actively involved in the resolution;
- Establishes and maintains a base safety program to ensure regulatory and company standards are met or exceeded.
- Other duties and projects as assigned duties.
- Pilot with current / validated Transport Canada helicopter license;
- 1500 hour PIC time preferred;
- Endorsements on AS350 series and Bell 206 series;
- Some mountain flying experience required;
- Team player with superior customer service skills and above average communications skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills to resolve issues and to determine viable solutions;
- Above average organizational and time-management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a high energy and fast-paced environment;
- Possess a high degree of professionalism and tact including handling sensitive and confidential information;
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement and initiative.
Note: You must be willing to relocate to Norman Wells, NT for a minimum of 2 years.