We are recruiting for Seasonal General Helpers at the Snap Lake Mine Site!
The General Helper is responsible for a variety of positions including assisting kitchen staff in daily preparations of the cooking equipment, cleaning & sanitizing all food service areas, food preparation and duties of the Camp.
- The point of pick up for this position is limited to Yellowknife, NT only.
- This is a Seasonal 3x3 rotation position, rotation is subject to change
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum one-year related experience in the food service industry
- To have a WHIMIS, Food Safe and First Aid certificates is considered an asset
- Ability to work with and follow checklists
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Concept of working as a team player and have the ability to work well with others.
- Familiar with the use of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of all equipment in the Food Service area of operations.
- Understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the areas of operation and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products.
- Turn on all equipment stoves, steam table, alto-sham, grill, and dishwasher
- Have breakfast meats in the oven by 5:30am
- Boil eggs, make a small amount of oatmeal, set up breakfast cold bar (cut fruit, berries, cottage cheese, canned fruit, salsa, lemons)
- Make a breakfast special for each day. Preparation needs to be done the day before. Ex. Eggs bene on Sundays, pancakes, French toast, waffles etc.
- Boil potatoes the day before for hash browns.
- Open baked beans and have them heated.
- Have omelet preparation ready to go.
Other kitchen duties-
- Breakfast, lunch, supper dishes and other dishes throughout the day.
- Clean up after breakfast- grill, steamtable, worktable, etc.
- Wipe down tables and coffee station, check fridge to make sure it is stocked with fruit, juice milk etc.
- Bake and have them ready for 9am and 3 pm break times.
- 9:00am Toolbox meeting with Chef/ Manager daily.
- Prep and have salad bar ready to go by 11:30 when lunch starts.
- Once again, check on it and restock it for 5:30 pm.
All other duties and request made by Chef/ Manager, Site Supervisor or clients
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines.
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the attached link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/