Assisting with transferring material to various storage mediums and electronically transfer to and from other CBC locations.
Taking audio and video feeds from various locations via satellite.
Clipping items and sending them to on-air presentation systems.
Ingesting material from journalists and videographers into the Avid Interplay system.
Monitoring and resolving issues affecting our various file transfer systems.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
- A community college graduate in Applied Television Arts or relevant alternative program, or equivalent industry experience.
- A minimum of one year's directly related experience working as a TV technician in the broadcast industry.
- Ability to deal with a live environment with tight time constraints and related stresses while maintaining a professional and respectful attitude is required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- The ability to work as a team member or independently and the willingness to work various shift patterns, overtime or weekends.
- Good communication skills and are a strong & enthusiastic team player. You take initiative and have the ability to be productive in individual and team settings.
- Knowledge of Avid Assist, Access and iNews.