Description: The position of Building Operator is responsible for maintaining building performance and functionality and is critical to the operations of Northview’s commercial buildings.
- Routine building rounds and inspections of properties systems and functionality;
- Grounds keeping and occasional landscaping work in all seasons may be required;
- Repair and maintenance of facilities and equipment including HVAC, lighting, plumbing or common areas;
- Performing preventative maintenance, routine inspections and mechanical systems checks of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, etc.;
- Respond to service calls for tenants and emergencies;
- Travel between buildings during working hours is required;
- Ensure safety standards are met;
- The successful candidate will assist the Manager in achieving a high standard of workmanship, time management and customer satisfaction.
- Experience with Commercial and mixed-use properties would be considered an asset;
- Ideally have a good working knowledge of electrical systems, carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance;
- Possession of or interest in obtaining a 5th Class Power Engineering Certification would be an asset but not required;
- Proficiency with power tools, front-end loader and other equipment will be an asset;
- Strong communication skills and a proven team player with a positive attitude towards the team and customers;
- Must be flexible, organized and able to coordinate multiple projects at once;
- Physical exertion including lifting and/or carrying up to 50lbs;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with abstract will be required;
- Able to pass clear of relevant convictions and clearance of criminal background check will be required.
Northview is committed to health and safety in the workplace for the protection of its employees, residents, tenants, and guests. As a condition of employment, all Northview employees are expected to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or can provide reason for exemption based on a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate their vaccinated status or reason for exemption before they start work with Northview. Northview will review and consider requests for exemption and will accommodate where required. Personal preference is not sufficient grounds for an exemption.