Who We Are:
Like our country, ATCO Frontec is built on a Frontier Spirit of being agile, robust, ready to go to the most challenging places and push the boundaries. Do YOU have the Frontier Spirit? If the answer is yes, you should probably work with us.
ATCO Frontec is a market leader providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions, operational support services and disaster and emergency management for a diverse range of clients, allowing them to focus on their core business.
We are a service organization, based on good people who get the job done in some of the most challenging places in the world. Our team is constantly pursuing excellence as a standard. We provide the training and supervision required to deliver the best customer service to our clients, and to ensure the highest safety standards.
We value diversity and we’re committed to an inclusive, fair and respectful workplace, striving to create a work environment that allows for every employee to reach their full potential.
ATCO Frontec is part of ATCO Ltd. With approximately 6,500 employees and assets of $22 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation with investments in the essential services of Structures & Logistics (workforce and residential housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, workforce lodging services, facility operations and maintenance, defence operations services, and disaster and emergency management services); Utilities (electricity and natural gas transmission and distribution, and international electricity operations); Energy Infrastructure (electricity generation, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales); Transportation (ports and transportation logistics); and Commercial Real Estate. More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
ATCO Frontec is seeking a Building Operator to join our team in Yellowknife, NT. The Building Operator is responsible for performing inspections, as well as predictive and corrective maintenance within the facilities.
Where We Work and Live:
ATCO Frontec provides preventative and corrective maintenance services for our customers throughout Yellowknife and the surrounding areas. Our maintenance teams are mobile, and travel will be required in this position.
- Routine maintenance duties; working with HVAC Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing (e.g. plunge toilets and unclog drains) and minor Carpentry
- Ensuring all building equipment is in good running order and relevant certifications are up to date
- Conduct daily facility walkthroughs of assigned portfolio and correct deficiencies.
- Maintain daily equipment and meter reading logs where required.
- Respond to emergency requirements; Available for emergency call out duty during afterhours and on weekends.
- Conduct detailed inspections to ensure that scheduled and periodic maintenance of building and equipment have been completed
- Active participation in Preventative Maintenance program including unscheduled repairs
- Using the maintenance management system for processing Corrective and Preventative Maintenance requests
- Prioritize activities to complete work as scheduled and in a timely manner
- Follow safe work practices and ensure work is performed in accordance with work standards
- Maintain all service tools and equipment in good working condition and arrange for repair or replacement as required
- 4th or 5th class Power Engineering Certificate is required
- 3-5 years of Building Operation experience
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that enhance promoting good customer relations, discussing problems, making recommendations,
- Customer oriented with positive attitude
- Previous exposure and work experience with automated systems (i.e. electrical, fire alarm, mechanical, HVAC, piping, plumbing, landscaping, painting etc.)
- Mechanically inclined, and possess a “handyman” aptitude for minor building and systems repairs
- Familiar with Federal and NWT Building Codes
- Achievement oriented and resourceful to meet service delivery goals
- Independent worker / self-starter with a “hands on/task oriented” focus
- Effective team player
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test.
Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.