NWT Tourism, the Destination Marketing Organization for the Northwest Territories, is looking for an experienced marketing professional to lead NWT Tourism’s marketing and sales initiatives in the Meetings and Conference (MC) & Incentive Travel (IT) distribution channel, to enhance its tourism marketing partnerships and to develop and implement cooperative marketing programs.
- Identify annually those MC & IT shows that NWT Tourism will participate in based on ROI, prepare recommended plan and budget and with collaboration, execute the MC & IT programs;
- Travel to represent NWT Tourism at MC & IT Trade Shows;
- Follow-up on all sales leads, including preparing bid responses or submitting proactive proposals;
- Plan and host site visits for MC & IT Event Planners;
- Develop cooperative advertising opportunities in collaboration with the Marketing Director and Agency of Record and present opportunities to membership quarterly;
- Establish and maintain positive partnerships for cooperative marketing programs with all business partners;
- Provide quarterly activity and revenue reporting.
- An ability to forge new and long-term business relationships;
- An ability to present sales opportunities and manage relationships around revenue-based activities;
- Knowledge of the territorial and national tourism industry;
- Intermediate user of Office Suite and ability to and manage budget spreadsheets;
- Strong analytical abilities with respect to marketing program performance;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Proven public speaking and presentation skills;
- Ability to negotiate partnership agreements and manage positive partnership relationships;
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and peak volumes of work with flexibility; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The successful applicant will have a diploma or undergraduate degree in marketing or business administration, combined with three to five years of experience in a marketing or sales position in the private sector, preferably the tourism industry. Experience equivalent will be considered.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NWTT serves close to 200 members whose businesses involve the tourism industry both as tourism industry advocate and as the Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for the Northwest Territories through contribution funding agreements with the Government of the Northwest Territories.
NWTT enhances the GNWT’s marketing funding by working with other public and private sector partners, actively promoting all regions and sectors nationally and internationally with the goal of driving business to local tourism suppliers and supporting economic growth.