Under the direct supervision of the Camp Manager, Camp Cook is responsible for all meals, snacks and the Kitchen at Camp Connections.
Position runs June 21- August 17, 2021
All Applicants must already be in the NWT or be in the NWT at-least 2 weeks prior to June 21, 2021
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $24.00-$26.00 per hour
Duties of the Camp Cook include but are not limited to:
- Participate in staff training
- Prepare a healthy, diverse food menu
- Prepare and Place food orders
- Ensure orders are delivered/picked up in timely manner
- Manage kitchen inventory and report any items that are needed
- Ensure meals are prepared on time
- washing and cleaning of all cooking utensils and equipment, preparing wash bins for the campers to wash their dishes.
- Keep water tank filled, and ensure there is purified water for campers at all times
- Monitor propane supply
- Ensure camp kitchen is kept orderly, sanitized and as safe as possible
- Ensure no campers are allowed in the kitchen
- Ensure garbage and compost is put into secure bins every evening
- Taking end of session garbage out to the Yellowknife Waste Treatment Center.
- Clean and sterilize kitchen and all equipment
- Preparing an accurate and organized inventory of the kitchen and dry-good supplies.
- Participate in end of season de-brief and evaluation
- Food Safety certification/ Food Handler certification
- Post-Secondary Culinary Training an Asset
- Experience cooking in an off-grid environment and asset
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Valid Drivers Licence, Class 4 preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Northern cultures
- Experience working with children with special needs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate and work with others
- Interest and ability in cooking nutritious meals in a rustic camp environment
- Clear Criminal Record