The Qmunity Camp Cook is responsible for providing three meals and three snacks per day while the camp is in session. The Cook will also need to create and manage an inventory of food, facilitate the purchase, transportation and load-in of food/supplies, and prepare the kitchen. The Camp Cook will have an assistant to help with preparatory work, cooking and cleaning.
Contract: Qmunity Camp will have staff on-site from August 18th to 27th. This position will require preparation and planning time ahead of those dates.
Job posting closes June 8th, 2022.
- Create a meal plan for the duration of camp
- Create an inventory and shopping list based on meal plan
- Procure food and supplies needed for Camp
- Coordinate the transportation and load-in of food and supplies
- Prepare and clean the kitchen and pantry for food service
- Participate in staff training and orientation
- Be open to engaging with youth while they are in the cookhouse
- Be communicative and supportive with staff, volunteers, facilitators and youth
- Ensure breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks are ready for appropriate meal times
- Do food prep work and delegate tasks to assistant camp cook when appropriate
- Serve each meal and snack to the youth and staff
- Assist with the tear-down of camp
- Preparing an accurate and organized inventory of food and supplies
- Participate in end of season debrief and evaluation
Qmunity Camp NWT prioritizes applicants that are diverse in gender, sexuality, culture and race, and encourage applicants to self-identify in their resume if they so choose.
- Food safety course is required (if you do not have it, we will make sure you are certified)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with meal planning and preparation is required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate and work with others
- Summer camp experience is an asset
- Enjoys engaging with youth from pre-teens to late-teens
- Experience working with BIPOC communities is an asset
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle on site is an asset
- Criminal Record Check + Vulnerable Sector Screening