Working in a warehouse setting, loading and unloading aircrafts with cargo to deliver essential goods and services throughout our northern network.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with Company and MOT Standards and Regulations;
- Handle all cargo;
- Perform all warehouse related duties;
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally;
- Responsibly maintain clean and orderly work areas;
- Responsibly use and maintain Company equipment;
- Assist Customer Service and/or Cargo Agents when required;
- Assist passengers with mobility and special needs;
- Perform commissary duties;
- Assist with reconfiguration of aircraft as required;
- Perform other duties and functions related to the foregoing;
- Process airway bills;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent related work experience i.e. warehouse, forklifts, customer service industry, etc.;
- 1 year of warehouse and/or customer service experience;
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, problem solving & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in a high pressure, high volume environment;
- Knowledge of cargo handling and processing procedures considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience of loading and load control on company aircraft considered an asset;
- Forklift driving experience an asset;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license;
- Must be willing to work various shifts (including evenings, holidays and weekends);
- Must be able to obtain Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP) – D/A, however AVOP-D preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a dangerous goods handling certificate;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.