SK Contracting Ltd. construction workforce NWT owned and operated since 2004 is seeking an experienced carpenter’s helper. The right candidate should have a good background in construction framing, preferably multi-family, renovations, new builds, and blueprint reading.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Selecting, measuring and marking materials for exterior doors and windows, foundations, floors, walls and roofs.
· Take measurements and calculate size and amount of materials needed.
· Back framing.
· Ensure work area is clean and free of debris.
· Assist carpenter with other duties.
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
· Minimum of 1-2 years carpentry experience.
· Must be able to commit to full time employment.
· Strong eye for detail, be able to multi-task and stay organized.
· Able to work under minimal supervision.
· Must have own tools and be able to commute to and from job site.
· Must own PPE.
· Fluent in speaking English.
What we offer:
· Competitive wages.
· On going support from our team.
· Overtime pay.
Experience (preferred but not required):
· carpentry: 1 year (preferred)
· Framing: 1 year (preferred)
· Construction: 2 years (preferred)
Start date: ASAP
Salary: $25-$35 per hour - To be determinate based on experience