Looking to Hire: Carpenters Helper / Apprentice
SK Contracting Ltd. construction workforce NWT owned and operated since 2004 is seeking an experienced carpenter’s helper.
The right candidate should have a good background in construction framing, preferably multi-family, renovations, new builds, and blueprint reading.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Selecting, measuring and marking materials for exterior doors and windows, foundations, floors, walls and roofs.
- Take measurements and calculate size and amount of materials needed.
- Back framing.
- Ensure work area is clean and free of debris.
- Assist carpenter with other duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Minimum of 1-2 years carpentry experience.
- Must be able to commit to full time employment.
- Strong eye for detail, be able to multi-task and stay organized.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must have own tools and be able to commute to and from job site.
- Must own PPE.
- Fluent in speaking English.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages.
- On going support from our team.
- Overtime pay.
Experience (preferred but not required):
- carpentry: 1 year (preferred)
- Framing: 1 year (preferred)
- Construction: 2 years (preferred)
Start date: April or May 2022
Salary: To be determinate based on experience.
How to Apply:
To apply or get more information on this posting please send an email with your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com