A Cashier is an individual working directly at cash registers, collecting payments for clients and ringing up their purchases. Their duties include handling money and interacting with clients.
The primary role of a Cashier is to assist clients in the in-store checkout process. They facilitate money transactions for clients by accepting debit, credit or cash. They ring up sales, collect payments and give appropriate change. They are also tasked with counting the cash register drawer content at the end of each shift.
- Being detail-oriented with basic mathematical skills
- Ability to focus on the satisfaction of clients
- Time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain helpful throughout the work shift and develop a courteous approach to resolving complaints
- Ability to lift heavy items, walk, stand, and work with other team members to provide excellent service in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills and a high level of energy
- Ability to handle cash transactions responsibly and accurately
913007 NWT Ltd
O/A Yellowknife Liquor Store
5108 49th Street