We are currently recruiting a Checkpoint Manager for the Yellowknife Airport to ensure the smooth delivery of airport screening operations through effective leadership and guidance of Screening Officers.
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), offering screening services in 28 airports across Canada.
As a Checkpoint Manager, you are responsible to ensure airport screening operations are delivered according to the service requirements set by our client, CATSA, and to provide the best screening experience for passengers while maintaining full procedural compliance.
- Provides First in Class service through effective and efficient screening operations
- Ensures checkpoint operations are in compliance with service level requirements and GardaWorld procedures, policies and programs
- Guide Screening Officers through Standard Operating Procedure decision making and procedures
- Addresses non-routine screening situations as they arise and acts as the point of escalation for: handling complaints, unruly passengers, special requests, explosive detection trace alarms, non-permitted items, dangerous goods, VIPs, etc.
- Manages incidents at the checkpoint as they arise, and implements contingency and emergency procedures to maintain integrity of operations and reconcile incidents
- Monitors checkpoint performance and actively determines shift assignments and staff deployments.
- Develops an effective day-to-day, transactional working relationship with CATSA, the airport authority, union and airlines to effectively balance and meet their requirements
- Ambassador for a progressive work environment and a positive travel experience for passengers
- Strong teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills
- High level of comfort dealing with a variety of customer interactions and escalations
- Effective communicator with the ability to listen attentively and maintain respectful and cooperative relationships with passengers, employees and co-workers
- Leadership necessary to handle on-the-spot decisions and ability to act calmly under pressure
- Highly organized and results driven individual who is able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a structured, highly regulated environment
- Full fluency in English
- Knowledge of Key Performance Indicators and Quality Control
- Fluency in French
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
- Available to work and commute day and night shifts, including weekends and statutory holidays
- Ability to obtain a security clearance and successfully complete a background check
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to standing for long periods of time
Travel may be required for training. Other travel may be requested when assistance is required at other airports.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they meet all requirements. Failure to provide sufficient and clear information will result in disqualification.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Applications will only be accepted online via www.garda.com/careers
GardaWorld: Make the world a safer place
GardaWorld is a global leader in the security industry, offering a wealth of opportunity to individuals looking to gain experience and develop professionally in a growing industry. We offer flexible schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries, and training and career advancement opportunities. We embrace diversity and welcome newcomers, women, students, retirees, reservists, veterans, and more to join our team, as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.