Under the supervision and direction of the Camp Manager, the Chef develops, leads and directs the Food Service Team in preparing and serving all food products. The position of Chef is a hands-on cooking position and the Chef must be willing and able to work in all areas of Bouwa Whee Catering Ltd at the designated Mine Site.
The Chef is a full time salaried position.
- Pick up point for this position is limited to the NWT and select locations within AB. Candidates must be willing to travel to/from point of pick up (associated travel fees are not covered by Bouwa Whee Catering)
- Due to the Covid-19 epidemic, all workers will be required to work on a 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off schedule until further notice
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Must have Red Seal certification or journeyman cook equivalent. Documentation must be provided upon submitting resume
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Hotel Executive Chef / restaurant Kitchen Manager.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and organizing menus in À la Carte, buffet, banquet, and institutional formats.
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of all equipment in the Food Service area of operations.
- Able to lead and direct other kitchen staff in the completion of their daily duties
- Understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food Service areas of operation, and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products.
- A current WHMIS and Level 1 & 2 Food Safe certificates.
- Familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Concept of working as a team player and have the ability to work well with others
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the following link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/