Salt River First Nation is seeking a professional to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO will report directly to Salt River First Nation (SRFN) Chief and Council and will be responsible for ensuring SRFN's operational, financial and corporate requirements are fulfilled. The incumbent works in a high level position of trust and responsibility and must demonstrate integrity and professionalism. The CEO acts as the liaison between Chief and Council, the staff and SRFN members.
Major duties include:
- advising the Chief and Council on policy and legislative questions and referring major policy matters to them for determination;
- overseeing the activities of all departments and operating entities of SRFN including delivery of programs and services, as well as project management;
- managing relationships with partners/vendors;
- supervising Administration Staff, completion of performance appraisals, and setting goals and objectives for all staff.
The specific qualifications for this position include:
- post-secondary education in Business or Management programs;
- proven experience as a Chief Executive Officer or similar senior roles;
- aptitude in decision making and leadership abilities;
- proven written and oral communication skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- First Nation business experience will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate MUST BE BONDABLE and able to provide a satisfactory, job specific Criminal Records Check.
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 10, 2021