The Yellowknives Dene First Nation (YKDFN) is governed by a Chief and Council which has offices in Dettah and Ndilo. The YKDFN Chiefs and Council affirm our sacred obligation to serve our people and our commitment to live balanced contemporary lifestyles with culture and traditions important to our community, to speak our traditional language, and protect our natural resources and treaty rights. For Chiefs and Council to lead the YKDFN requires having qualified personnel to achieve a prosperous future for our citizens. The incumbent works within this context to provide effective and efficient level of support and assistance.
YKDFN is looking to hire a Childcare Worker for our newly consolidated daycare facility and aboriginal head start program, located in Ndilo which accommodates children from ages one to six years of age to a maximum of 15 children in the day care and 32 children in the aboriginal head start. The positions are full-time and located in Ndilo, Monday to Friday.
Do you enjoy working with children and want to be part of instilling our Wiiliideh language and culture at the first phase of learning? Do you want an enjoyable and fun workplace filled with daily arts, crafts as well as being outdoors doing cultural activities on the land? Then come work with us!
The Childcare Worker is responsible for the care, supervision and safety of children in the day care program in accordance to YKDFN policies. The position is an important part of the Early Learning and Child Care team, to ensure a safe educational environment for young children and communication with parents are met.
To be considered, applicants must have the following minimum requirements for the positions:
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children;
- Up to date Immunizations including COVID vaccinations;
- Clean Criminal Records’ Check with Vulnerable Sector prior to hire;
- Work experience related to childcare would be an asset;
- Knowledge of customs and traditions of Wiiliideh culture considered an asset;
- Current First Aid/with Child Care CPR Certificate are requirements, but we are willing to provide the training for successful candidates.