The Clerk/Receptionist is primarily responsible for front-line receptionist and administration duties, including accurate data entry from all sources to the computerized accounting system (QuickBooks) and the Territorial Housing System.
The position represents the initial contact of the Yellowknife Housing Authority with all clients, related agencies and the general public. In addition, the position must also provide clerical support to management and co-workers.
Applicants should have a high school diploma and an Office Administration certificate or a combination of education and work experience. Knowledge of basic accounting methods and general office procedures is essential.
Please submit resumes by Friday, February 17, 2023, to:
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2P6
Ph: (867) 873-5694, ext. 4
Fax: (867) 873-9323
- Screen, and respond to, all general inquiries
- Assist applicants filling out the application form
- Respond to tenant maintenance requests by recording them in the work order book, and referring emergency calls to the Maintenance Manager and other property Managers
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and hand deliver each piece directly its respective recipient
- Receive and send faxes, make photocopies and perform other general administrative duties
- Monitor daily operation of central business equipment (fax machine, photo copier, telephone system) and request repairs if necessary
- Provide various typing and data preparation services as required
- Maintain an inventory of office equipment and furniture assets
- Arrange meetings and conferences as requested
- Assist other staff members with filing as required
- Issue keys to contractors, and maintain logs of keys issued for unit maintenance
- Receive and record rent payments and power credits to maintain tenant accounts
- Manage petty cash
- Reconcile cash receipts/petty cash and prepare bank deposits on a daily basis
- Input accurately in the computer all daily cash receipts, and adjustments (rent, damage deposits, cash)
- Input monthly rent assessments, as prepared by the Program Officer, into QuickBooks and THS
- File tenant adjustments, and correspondence to tenant files
- Provide clerical support to all staff, and perform all other clerical and general duties as assigned from time to time
The incumbent must have the following knowledge:
- Office Administration certificate, Grade 12 education or combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting methods and procedures gained normally through courses in accounting, bookkeeping and computer applications
- Knowledge of general office policies, procedures and practices
- Knowledge of community
As an agent of Housing NWT, the goal of the Yellowknife Housing Authority (YHA) is to provide Yellowknife residents with adequate, suitable, and affordable housing. The YHA administers 345 public housing units in Yellowknife.