The Communications and Content Coordinator is responsible for the development and maintenance of all marketing, communications, and content creation for ASCNWT. The individual will work alongside program managers to help develop goals, strategies and implementation plans to successfully market ASCNWT programs and events. The individual will oversee all ASCNWT's marketing and content strategies which will include promoting and maintaining the organizations brand integrity while positioning the company as an industry leader in communications and content creation.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.ascnwt.ca/about-us/employment-opportunities
- Oversee the development, management, and maintenance of all online communication vehicles (Website, social media, Email, Fax, Posters, Video etc.)
- Work alongside program managers to develop content related to the promotion and reflection of ASCNWT programs and events.
- Content creation for engagement with membership. This may include photography, videography, poster creation, handbooks, etc.
- Creating public relations and marketing materials.
- Maintaining responsive social media platforms.
- Coordinate online registration for ASCNWT programs including webforms and online store management.
- Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure all products services conform to brand identity and conduct ongoing brand management.
- Develop and oversee marketing and branding strategies.
- Communicate and negotiate with partner organizations as needed for joint marketing activities.
- Evaluate the success of various communication strategies and make recommendations for improvement.
- Position ASCNWT as a leader in communications and content creation.
Education & Experience
- Preference given to candidates with post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, public relations, web development, graphic design, or related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience running communications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of NWT community cultures, traditions, and history.
- Knowledge/Experience in website and social media management.
- Knowledge/Experience in marketing and communications.
- Knowledge/Experience in brand building and management.
- Highly effective in project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management to meet deadlines.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge/Experience in photography and video editing considered and asset.
Proficiency and use of computers for:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Social Media (IE Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube)
- Adobe Illustrator or equivalent programs
- Final CutPro, Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign or equivalent.
- Satisfactory criminal records check, and vulnerable sector check required.
Established in 1999, ASCNWT was created through a national consensus-building process in response to the need for more accessible and equitable sport and recreation opportunities for Aboriginal peoples across the Northwest Territories.
The Aboriginal Sports Circle of the NWT empowers and builds capacity within NWT communities, promotes and supports culturally relevant programming, and develops athletes and coaches in a level of involvement they find meaningful.