Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and with a satellite teleport and network operations centre in Ottawa, SSi designs, builds, and operates telecommunications networks in Canada’s North and around the world. With over 30 years of operating experience, SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband and mobile wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas.
In this fast-paced, people-oriented job you will:
- Make meaningful contributions to enable thriving communities every day
- Form lasting relationships with remote agents in Nunavut and the Eeyou Istchee James Bay Region in Quebec
- Have several pans in the fire at once (trust us, you’ll never be bored)!
- Put your coordination and writing skills to the test
- Help our company achieve incredible things in short order!
- Practice your French, Inuktitut, or Cree language skills (considered big assets, though not required!)
Working primarily with the Community Service Provider Liaison, you will assist to recruit, hire, and retain remote agents, as well as provide them with the training and support they will need to serve SSi’s mobile and internet customers in all service areas outside of Yellowknife.
- Establish a thorough understanding of all issues faced by 40 + remotely contracted workers (and growing)
- Assist in a large push to onboard 15 - 20 new agents in 2021
- Link remote agents who perform technical troubleshooting with SSi’s Network Operations team and ensure both sides stay updated on current procedures and expectations
- Ensure inventory used by remote agents is being properly tracked and accounted for
- Work in conjunction with the Customer Care Department to facilitate the training of remote agents
- Ensure all remote agents are working from the most up-to-date training documentation
- Assist with managing performance, providing feedback, and evaluating progress of remote agents
- Conduct regular check-ins with representatives to ensure all contact information, hours of operation, and other required information is up to date
- Assist remote agents with basic accounting functions
- Co-create and help distribute the QINIQ Newsletter
- Review support emails and calls from remote agents to identify patterns and/or problems that could otherwise go unseen
- Collaborate with Communications and Customer Care departments on promotional campaigns and social media communications
- Routinely review incoming support requests from remote agents
- Other duties that interest you!
You’re a Natural Fit Because You Have:
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to travel to Nunavut and Quebec communities when required
- The ability to maintain a high level of integrity, trustworthiness, motivation, assertiveness, adaptability, and enthusiasm
- A professional image and attitude and ability to inspire others with your passion
- Impeccable customer service skills and the ability to manage challenging customer service scenarios
- The ability to excel under pressure and to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment
- A proficiency with computers and mobile phones
- The flexibility to work morning, evening, and weekend shifts as required
Icing on the Cake
- Have a strong understanding of the social and political issues that are prevalent in every location where services are offered
- Experience working in Telecommunications
- Have fluency in one (or more) of French, Inuktitut, Cree (considered big assets, though not required!)
If you can’t check off all the boxes but you’re hardworking, smart, (quirky is great too), and passionate about what you do, we want to hear from you! Convince us with your cover letter!
Why Join SSi?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it.
If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!