The Northwest Territories/ Nunavut Council of Friendship Centres (NT/NU CFC) is looking for a Conference Coordinator to coordinate the Indian Residential School (IRS) Conference on a 5-month term ending March 31, 2023.
Responsibilities of the contract include organization and coordinating the 2023 IRS Conference for 50 people through-out the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. This conference will be held in Edmonton, Alberta.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position, to Abbie Crook, NT/NU CFC President by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline – October 27th, 2022
The Conference Coordinator will oversee the planning of the IRS conference and all that it will entail to completion. The successful candidate will be required to work independently and must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A detailed objectives is provided below.
- Coordinate IRS Conference
- Research, Develop and design conference theme and agenda in accordance with the IRS program
- Organize IRS Conference in February 2023 to take place in Edmonton, Alberta
- Logistics of travel and accommodations for 50+ people throughout YT, NWT, and NU to convince in Edmonton, Alberta
- Research and reserve conference centre and hotel to host the event
- Coordinate conference speakers, facilitators, presenters, and host/ MC
- Coordinate with Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) employees to develop the priorities conference
- Regularly communicate with ISC Employees and NT/NU Employees
- Post conference evaluation and reporting
- Project management experience
- Prior freelancing experience in a similar role
- Portfolio of completed projects
- Access to all equipment needed to complete tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Undergraduate Degree, or equivalent and experience
- Excellent track-record of reporting writing
- Solid understanding of Northern Indigenous people’s culture and traditions
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Able to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and work under pressure
The NT/NU CFC is a not-for-profit Indigenous organization located at 5125-48th Street in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. It consists of 8 Friendship Centres located across the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. The NT/NU CFC is governed by an Executive Board.