Taylor Architecture Group has an immediate opening for a Construction Administrator in Yellowknife, NT. This position will provide construction administration support for Architectural and Engineering team leads for projects of various scales.
Project work ranges through large-scale civic, educational, and institutional facilities, as well as smaller-scale commercial or residential projects. Projects are located in Yellowknife, Whitehorse, and in several small, remote communities in the NWT, Nunavut and Yukon; short-term travel will be a requirement of the position.
- Act as the point of contact between contractors, clients and consultants for selected projects that are currently in the construction phase.
- Coordinate closely with the Project Architectural and Engineering Team Leads.
- Review and/or issue all construction related correspondence including meeting minutes, shop drawings, progress claims, RFIs, SIs, CCNs and Change Orders.
- Organize and maintain records of construction progress meetings and track project progress.
- Perform site reviews.
- Work will include travel to remote communities in the arctic and sub-arctic; candidate should be comfortable with travel in small airplanes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management, including construction administration activities, for projects of various scales.
- Ability to read and comprehend architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, and contracts.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills; enthusiasm for a team-based process.
- Strong communication and writing skills; fluent in written and spoken English.
- Basic knowledge of national building codes and standards.
- Knowledge and comfort with Adobe Acrobat Pro, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Project, Teams), and AutoCAD are required.
- Familiarity and experience with Revit and Sketchup are an asset.
Taylor Architecture Group (TAG) is a Northern-based architecture and engineering firm with a focus on community design work, especially for First Nation and Inuit communities, throughout the Far North. Our head office is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, with satellite offices in Whitehorse and Ottawa.