Permanent Full-Time Position
Competitive compensation and benefits
Position based in Fort Good Hope, NWT or fly-in/fly-out rotation
Closing date: Sunday July 10th, 2022
The Ne’Rahten Development Ltd. (NDL) is seeking a qualified individual to join our small and highly collaborative team, in the role of Construction Manager. Reporting to the Business Manager, the Construction Manager is responsible for a variety of construction projects including residential and commercial repairs, maintenance and new construction. NDL is a business arm of the Yamoga Land Corporation (YLC), an organization created from the Sahtú Dene and Metis Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement. NDL is a community run business mandated to not only generate revenue but also to create economic and employment opportunities for Sahtú Beneficiaries. For more information on YLC, NDL and their mandates, visit https://www.fghgov.com.
Interested persons are invited to submit a resume with a letter clearly indicating how they meet the following qualifications:
- Ideally, the candidate will possess a designated trade certification and/or a diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in one or more of the following fields: Building Sciences, Construction Management, Construction Technology or Architectural Technologist. Other combined education and experience will be considered;
- At least five years (post education) experience in residential construction or similar field, with at least three years of construction project management experience;
- Experience and/or understanding of property / building maintenance is an asset;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset;
- Completion of Occupational Health and Safety courses is an asset;
- Experience managing staff and training apprentices is required. Experience with the NWT Apprenticeship, Trades and Occupation Certification (AOC) Program is an asset;
- Experience working in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Understanding of budgets, cost structures, construction contracts and construction legislation is required;
- Ability to read and follow architectural and engineering drawings is required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including engaged listening;
- Valid driver’s license (unrestricted) and ability to travel as required.
Candidates who meet the required qualifications will be invited to participate in an interview and reference process. During that process, additional qualifications and skills will be assessed.
Fort Good Hope is a remote largely Dene community in the NWT. Preference will be given to applicants that have prior working experience with Indigenous communities in northern Canada.
If required criteria are met, preference will be given to Sahtú Beneficiaries firstly, residents of the Sahtú secondly, and to residents of the NWT and or Indigenous applicants thirdly. We encourage people to self-identify.
For more information, a copy of the job description, and to apply, please contact Lee Vincent: 867-332-1604 or firstname.lastname@example.org.