Headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and with a satellite teleport and network operations centre in Ottawa, SSi designs, builds, and operates telecommunications networks in Canada’s North and around the world. With over 30 years of operating experience, SSi is a leader in delivering advanced satellite, broadband, fixed and mobile wireless solutions to remote and outlying areas.
- Are you the go-to person for your friends and family when they need help with their internet/devices?
- Does turning a complex set of instructions into something simple and easy to explain excite you?
- Do you disagree with the notion that being technically-minded means you lack people skills?
- Are you passionate about staying on top of the ever-changing frontier of hardware and online apps/services?
If so, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for! Join our team of highly talented professionals, impress us with your fresh ideas & creative problem-solving skills, and be a Customer Care Agent at SSi!
- Guide SSi’s mobile and internet customers to the right solutions, primarily over the phone
- Provide top notch account and billing support including setting up new accounts, managing payments, and accurately recording customer and transaction information in our customer management system
- Act on customer feedback (including email and voicemail inquiries) with utmost care and timeliness, exceeding customer expectations and deepening relationships
- Troubleshoot and attempt to solve IT related problems, or guide customers to a technician who can
- Contribute to our after-hours support team, based on a rotating schedule
- Maintain an open dialogue with our remote agents who assist customers in various geographical locations
- Capture work activity in ticket queues, resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Perform in-depth device inspection and testing when required
- Other duties that interest you!
You’re a Natural Fit, Because You Have
- Excellent written and verbal English and French language skills
- Great people skills - friendly, respectful, confident, patient, empathetic, clear, and concise
- A knack for turning challenging interactions into opportunities for open and productive dialogue
- Confidence around technology and an eagerness to learn more
- A solid understanding of commonly used computer software, hardware, wireless internet and mobile devices
- Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Flexibility to cover morning, evening, and weekend shifts
If you don’t have all of the skills listed, but you are bright, driven to succeed, and know you want to work for us, send us a cover letter and resume anyway. We are always looking for the right people to join our team!
Why Join SSi?
SSi is a close-knit family of passionate and diverse people who excel at solving complex, real world problems. Our corporate culture and high quality of work-life balance are important to us. When you meet our people and see where we work, you’ll understand what we mean.
Our corporate focus is stated simply: “People. Ideas. Technology”. People who are enabled to do what they love and encouraged to think outside the box will deliver the best ideas. We know that real excitement begins at the end of the comfort zone. We use cutting edge technology as the fuel to drive our learning, to innovate and deliver something meaningful. We apply what we create to help make a difference in some of the most challenging regions of the world.
Besides fostering a great team and a positive work environment, we believe wholeheartedly in open communication, internally and with our customers and partners. We tell it like it is, good or bad. We celebrate our successes and take ownership of our mistakes. We love to see a great idea come to life, just as we enjoy the debates leading up to it. If you want to enjoy coming to work every day, come work at SSi!