Required to take an active role in driving sales and services within the front end cash and service area and ensuring complete customer satisfaction. Demonstrates a high degree of customer awareness while accurately and expediently processing customers at the checkout. Responsible for processing all general purchases with a focus on generating add-on sales.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES · Ensures exceptional customer satisfaction with accuracy and professionalism while processing purchases and customer orders.
· Takes opportunities for add-on sales to customer.
· Assists in the resolution of customer complaints, returns and exchanges.
· Responds to and directs where necessary, customer inquiries related to copy and technology services.
· Provides coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require and as associate training supports.
· Answers telephones and qualifies and directs customers as required.
· Follows all correct cash register operations, as well as maintaining SKU integrity when entering services into the register.
· Maintains loss prevention and privacy standards by completing appropriate paperwork when presented with refunds or exchanges for data products.
· Accepts proper forms of prescribed tender.
· Properly secures company funds and physical inventory at all cash stations.
· Ensures accuracy of customer orders by spot checking throughout processing.
· Completes and balances all daily cash register paperwork and obtains verification.
· Follows proper customer order procedures including special and pre-paid orders, ensuring order forms are completed and priced correctly.
· Stocks and maintains front-end racks/shelves and merchandise areas as assigned.
· Monitors stock levels of front end paper, supplies, register rolls, shopping bags, etc.
· Accountable for signing in/out and logging in/out of own till when required.
· Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
· Maintains general cleanliness of all workstations, lunchroom and washrooms as assigned, according to company standards.
· Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
· Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS · Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
· Ability to engage customers in a friendly and professional manner.
· Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
· Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively serve our customers.
· Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
· Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
· Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
· Three months to one year of previously related experience is preferred.
· Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
We are The Working and Learning Company. We inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We are here to be a trusted ally, a resource and a sounding board, motivated to support our customers with expert knowledge, unique products and innovative services from Solutionshop, made for the changing needs of today’s entrepreneurs, teachers, parents and students.
Founded in 1991, Staples Canada is a privately-held company based in Richmond Hill, Ontario, with a network of over 300 stores across Canada.
So what’s it like to work at Staples? Exciting. Fun. Collaborative. Encouraging. Diverse. We’re on a journey to become The Working and Learning Company – a company that’s committed to be a dynamic, inspiring partner for all our customers.
We are passionate about the work we do, and we bring it to life with the incredibly talented and inclusive community we have built. Our culture is based on the values and behaviours that we exhibit every day.