Required to take an active role in driving sales and services within the front end cash and service area and ensuring complete customer satisfaction. Demonstrates a high degree of customer awareness while accurately and expediently processing customers at the checkout. Responsible for processing all general purchases with a focus on generating add-on sales.
- Ensures exceptional customer satisfaction with accuracy and professionalism while processing purchases and customer orders.
- Takes opportunities for add-on sales to customer.
- Assists in the resolution of customer complaints, returns and exchanges.
- Responds to and directs where necessary, customer inquiries related to copy and technology services.
- Provides coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require and as associate training supports.
- Answers telephones and qualifies and directs customers as required.
- Follows all correct cash register operations, as well as maintaining SKU integrity when entering services into the register.
- Maintains loss prevention and privacy standards by completing appropriate paperwork when presented with refunds or exchanges for data products.
- Accepts proper forms of prescribed tender.
- Properly secures company funds and physical inventory at all cash stations.
- Ensures accuracy of customer orders by spot checking throughout processing.
- Completes and balances all daily cash register paperwork and obtains verification.
- Follows proper customer order procedures including special and pre-paid orders, ensuring order forms are completed and priced correctly.
- Stocks and maintains front-end racks/shelves and merchandise areas as assigned.
- Monitors stock levels of front end paper, supplies, register rolls, shopping bags, etc.
- Accountable for signing in/out and logging in/out of own till when required.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Maintains general cleanliness of all workstations, lunchroom and washrooms as assigned, according to company standards.
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
- Associate is expected to maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to engage customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively serve our customers.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.