The DENE NATION is seeking an experienced, team-oriented research analyst for a position as DATA ANALYSIS/REGIONAL SURVEY COORDINATOR to join our growing organization in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Reporting to the Director of Information Services, the Coordinator will be responsible for delivering regional survey projects, collecting the data and interpreting the results which will assist in the delivery of programs and services within Dene Nation. The Coordinator will act as a liaison between the Dene National Office, communities and other related government departments and agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS The ideal candidate will have completed a post-secondary education in Information Technology, Social Sciences or Humanities as well as have an extensive background in data collection and statistical analysis. Experience working with First Nations communities as well as conducting surveys to support community development and/or research in relation to First Nations issues would be a definite asset. Other related experience and education may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced research skills and the ability to critically appraise and evaluate research is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical programs such as SPSS, SAS or STATA software (i.e., fluency with syntax) and Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills as well as experience in the preparation of data reports required
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a small team and liaising with stakeholders from various sectors
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to prioritize project deliverables
- Understanding the history of the Dene and the Dene Nation is essential
- Fluency in a Dene Language would be an asset
- Valid drivers license required
A detailed job description is available upon request.
The Dene Nation offers a competitive wage with excellent benefits. DEADLINE: August 31, 2021 EMAIL RESUME TO: email@example.com