We are recruiting for a Full-Time Dining (Kitchen) at the Diavik Mine Site!
Dining Attendant (Diavik)
- Full Medical benefits
- RSP matching
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- 2x2 rotation
Serving the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Bouwa Whee Catering is a division of the Det’on Cho Hospitality Group, a 100% indigenous owned organization, providing top-tier, professional camp catering services to Canada’s northern mines. We promote a positive work-place culture focused on growth, teamwork and inclusivity.
Reporting to the Chef and 1st Cook at the Diavik Diamond Mine, the Dining Attendant is a Full-Time position.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- maintains and cleans the Kitchen Dining Room, Service Islands
- assisting the kitchen staff in their daily meal preparations
- cleaning and sanitizing service utensils, flatware and china
- ensuring the general maintenance and cleanliness of the food service areas (including the Kitchen, Dining Room and Service Islands)
- preparing weekly order for supplies, and product needed for beverage, and island service based on the needed requirements and rotation of all stock.
- adhering to Territorial and Federal sanitation practices
- practice sanitation and safety daily and throughout the shift
- attending all scheduled training sessions and safety meetings
Our ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- a current WHMIS and Level 1 Food Safe certificates
- knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of equipment within the Food Service area of operations
- understanding the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food Service areas of operations and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products.
- familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- exceptional time management skills
- exceptional customer service skills and enjoys working with the public
- proven ability in working as a team player, ability to work well with others and on own
- proven punctuality and ability to work 12 hour shifts
- proof of covid 19 immunizations is required
- pick up point for this position is limited to the Northwest Territories and Edmonton, AB
- please include your WHMIS, First Aid or any safety certification when submitting your resume
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik and Gahcho Kué, two of Canada’s premier mines.