Det’on Cho Management LP is recruiting for a Director of Health & Safety to join our vibrant team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Health & Safety is responsible for maintaining, planning, implementing the Health and Safety Program. Provide technical safety and health support to all Det’on Cho 100% owned companies, including monitoring the safety and health regulations, oversees training requirements and maintains health and safety metrics to ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
Your responsibilities & requirements
The Director of Health & Safety is accountable for overseeing and managing Health and Safety Management System for the Company. The candidate will have significant latitude to act and make decisions and must follow relevant legislation, company bylaws, policies, and the direction of Senior Management.
The Director of Health & Safety shall also be responsible for assisting Senior Management with the overall health and safety of operations of Det’on Cho Management LP and all Joint Ventures and Subsidiaries and will work with the Chief Operating Officer to provide accurate information to the CEO and Board of Directors, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing health and safety reports.
What you’ll need
In order for an individual to be successful in the role of Director of Health & Safety, they will need to meet the following education and /or experience criteria:
- Thorough Knowledge of the Occupations Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and/or the Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- Thorough Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Legislation
- Minimum of two years of related work experience including supervisory experience in Health and Safety
- Proven ability to work as part of a team as well with a limited direction.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate employees and communicate objectives and action plans.
- Ability to implement behavioural based safety techniques to improve / maintain safety performance.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Standard First Aid w/CPR and AED an asset
- Familiarity with Yellowknives Dene language, culture and way of life would be considered assets.
If you are a self-motivated achiever with a desire to join a locally owned, growing, and vibrant Company, a career with Det’on Cho and/or its Group of Companies may be just what you’ve been searching for.