Det’on Cho Logistics is a Northern company focused on supply chain and human Logistics primarily for the resource sector.
Are you passionate about building and implementing operating and supply chain procedures? Do you want to drive a high impact business? We are looking for an experienced Director of Operations to take the lead in optimizing and implementing company-wide processes, procedures and solutions that will support our company’s growth and evolution.
This is a hands-on position that provides the ability to implement and shape a wide range of processes and procedures. Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control, and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. The experienced position will ensure safe and efficient operations. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhance the operational procedure, systems, and principles in the areas of information flow and management, enhanced management reporting, and look for opportunities to expand systems.
- Work closely with Senior management team to develop and/or implement policies, procedures, and systems and to follow through with implementation and continuous monitoring
- Analyze and improve organizational process and workflow, employee and space requirements, and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
- Recruit, select, train, and implement shift assignments to employees, including rescheduling shifts and ensuring coverage for late or absent employees, to meet the operational needs of the company.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
- Enforcing policies and procedures
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues
- Develop, implement, and maintain a maintenance programme for company equipment and vehicles.
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Review and approve operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Responsible for day-to-day operations,
The Director of Operations role requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and or eight to 10 years of experience in logistics or in a related area. This position reports to the President and Vice President of the company.
Required skills & proficiencies:
- Decision-Making, Critical Thinking Skills, Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Reporting Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Conflict Management