- Full Medical benefits
- 5% RSP matching
Serving the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Bouwa Whee Catering is a division of the Det’on Cho Hospitality Group, a 100% indigenous owned organization, providing top-tier, professional camp catering services to Canada’s northern mines. We promote a positive work-place culture focused on growth, teamwork and inclusivity and are seeking a Dishwasher for our Diavik Mine site.
Reporting to the Chef at the Diavik Diamond Mine Site, the Dishwasher is a Full-Time position on a 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off rotation.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of equipment within the Food Service area of operations
- understanding the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food Service areas of operations and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products.
- a current WHMIS and Level 1 Food Safe certificates
- familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- exceptional time management skills
- exceptional customer service skills and enjoys working with the public
- proven ability in working as a team player, ability to work well with others and on own
- proven punctuality and ability to work 12 hour shifts
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- ensuring area & station are kept clean up to standard
- continuously cleaning dishes throughout the shift to ensure the team has adequate equipment to perform their duties
- assist the team & Chef when needed
- assisting with cleaning duties
- ensuring that Food Safe practices are strictly adhered to at all times
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the following link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/