Under the direction of the Daycare Coordinator, the Primary Teacher is responsible for creating and overseeing a warm, nurturing environment that builds on children’s educational, developmental, cognitive, emotional and social needs.
- Maintain and deliver a daily program that meets the goals and objectives of the Yellowknife Womens Society and the Child Day Care Standards Regulations
- Ensure proper supervision of the children attending the facility
- Establish routines and procedures consistent with the operator’s policies and ECE standards
- Ensure positive and consistent communication with teachers and parents
- Complete administrative tasks of the facility
- Pursue ongoing professional development through appropriate courses, seminars or workshops
- Perform other duties as required i.e. direct supervision of children, light cleaning and organizing, and meal preparation
· Completion of a post-secondary program in Early Childhood Education or Child Development – certificate, or diploma or degree – Other education may be considered but will need special approval.
· Minimum of two years experience in childcare is an asset
· Current First Aid and infant/child CPR certifications
· Ability to obtain Satisfactory criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector search, completed by the RCMP*
· Ability to complete Statement of outstanding criminal charges
· Up-to-date immunizations
· Tuberculosis screening
. COVID vaccination
Not for Profit Organization established to promote the wellbeing of women and children and has expanded to include programs created to enable all members of of the population in Yellowknife.
Covid-19 Isolation Shelter
The Raven's Nest Daycare
Centre For Northern Families Daycare
Women's Centre Shelter