The ECE head teacher works with the center’s director to create a program that addresses the specific needs of the children assigned to his or her care. This program should fulfill the children's educational, developmental, cognitive, emotional and social needs. This role includes the supervision and support of the primary and secondary staff of the facility and is ultimately responsible for all children in their care.
This is a 1 year term position with possibility of extension into a full time permanent position.
- Maintain and deliver a daily program that meets the goals and objectives of the Yellowknife Womens Society and the Child Day Care Standards Regulations
- Ensure proper supervision of the children attending the facility
- Assist Primary staff to establish routines and procedures consistent with the operator’s policies and ECE standards
- Ensure positive and consistent communication with teachers and parents
- Assist teachers to complete administrative tasks of the facility
- Pursue ongoing professional development through appropriate courses, seminars or workshops
- Perform other duties as required i.e. direct supervision of children, light cleaning and organizing, and meal preparation
· Completion of a post-secondary program in Early Childhood Education or Child Development – certificate, or diploma or degree – Other education may be considered but will need special approval.
· Minimum of five years experience in childcare is an asset
· Current First Aid and infant/child CPR certifications
· Satisfactory criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector search, completed by the RCMP*
· Statement about whether there are any outstanding criminal charges, and details
· Up-to-date immunizations
· Tuberculosis screening
Not for Profit Organization established to promote the wellbeing of women and children and has expanded to include programs created to enable all members of of the population in Yellowknife.
Covid-19 Isolation Shelter
The Raven's Nest Daycare
Centre For Northern Families Daycare
Women's Centre Shelter