TAG Engineering is seeking a Junior/Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team of architects and engineers. Projects include small scale commercial work as well as mid to large scale educational, hospitality, and civic facilities. The successful candidate must have strong drafting capabilities and be able to work well in a team environment. Other work will include evaluation, selection, and sizing of electrical engineered systems as well as providing design calculations and analysis. The successful candidate will have proven experience in the field of building design and construction, and will be expected to learn on the job under the direction of experienced engineers and architects.
The Successful Candidate will begin in January/February 2022. This is a full time (37.5 hr/week), permanent position located in Whitehorse, Yukon.
- Work closely with TAG Engineering’s staff in Yellowknife, NT, and Ottawa, ON
- Act as electrical engineer and electrical project lead for TAG’s Whitehorse office
- Provide electrical design and drafting, collaboratively and with support from engineering staff in TAG’s two other offices
- Complete or assist in the completion of design reports, building or system assessment reports, and site review reports
- Conduct site visits during construction, providing photos and site review reports satisfying the review requirements of various projects, and/or collecting information for design purposes
- Prioritize time to manage the demands of multiple overlapping project deadlines
- Lead and assist with production of electrical construction drawings
- Coordinate with other disciplines including project managers, architects, interior designers, structural engineers, civil engineers, mechanical engineers, contractors, and other consultants
- Work will include occasional travel to remote communities in the arctic and sub-arctic; candidate should be comfortable with travel in small airplanes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards including Canadian Electrical Code, National Building Code of Canada, C282 Emergency Generators, NFPA20 Fire Pumps, CAN/ULC S-524 Fire Alarms, etc.
- Experience in working independently to manage deadlines and coordinate with team members
- Skilled production of presentation & working drawings.
- Ability to integrate design elements with architectural, civil, structural, and mechanical disciplines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present accurate, professionally written reports and recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and comfort with AutoCAD, AGi32 Software, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Familiarity and experience with Revit would be an asset.
Taylor Architecture Group (TAG) is a Northern based architecture firm with a focus on community design work, especially First Nation and Inuit communities, throughout the North. Our head office is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, with satellite offices in Whitehorse and Ottawa.
In 2018, TAG expanded to include a mechanical and electrical engineering division with a focus on integrated design, coordination, energy efficiency and working for the best interests of our clients. Working in the electrical department, the successful candidate will provide drafting and design support to a small team of experienced professionals, and will have the opportunity to learn under the guidance of professional engineers.
Whitehorse is a youthful and active Northern community. As the hub for Yukon Territory, Whitehorse has most of the amenities of any Southern city. Residents enjoy skiing, dogsledding, and snowmobiling in the winter, and in summer enjoy the extended daylight hours, hiking, canoeing, and camping in the wilderness that is Whitehorse’s backyard. Our office is located on the Yukon River with a view of the mountains beyond. Our location promotes a social, thoughtful, and diverse working environment.
For examples of our work, visit https://tagyk.com.