Reporting to the Site Supervisor and working three (3) weeks on / three (3) weeks off rotation at the Snap Lake Mine site, this role will be responsible for the care and maintenance of all electrical installations, power distribution, preventative maintenance programs and process equipment systems on site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Install, replace, and repair electrical control and distribution equipment such as VFD’s and Motors
- Install, replace and repair distribution equipment such as portable power sub-stations and associated power distribution equipment
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
- Protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers
- Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Safety, Health & Environment policies and procedures
- Journeyperson Electrician – Red Seal Certificate
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ related mining experience
- Experience in an industrial setting, preferably mining
- Ability to work outside in a cold environment and working at heights with various types of elevated work platforms
- Instrumentation experience and a working knowledge of SAP and basic computer literacy with willingness to learn new computer skills
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
Please note all positions at Snap Lake require a current Criminal Record Check and a fit for work medical assessment.
For interested and qualified applicants, please apply with your cover letter, resumes, and three references to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: March 8, 2021
Khione Resources, Ltd. is a Yellowknife-based company that offers a fully qualified and reliable workforce to clients. We are committed to providing exceptional work opportunities for our employees and remarkable service to our clients.
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects.