Canada - Northwest Territories, Yellowknife
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Level Environmental Engineer or Scientist to join our Environmental group in Yellowknife. We are seeking a candidate who is an excellent communicator and technically proficient, with a working knowledge of relevant territorial and Federal regulations. The successful candidate will work under the oversight of an experienced team of engineers and scientists on environmental site assessments, remedial design, remediation, and environmental monitoring on multi-disciplinary projects across Western Canada and the Canadian Arctic. This position will involve both office and field support activities, as well as task management responsibilities with potential for growth to project management.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and execute environmental site assessments, sampling and remediation programs, and critically evaluate analytical data
- Review and prepare documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, and other work products
- Conduct monitoring and inspections of remediation construction projects under QA and contract administration roles
- Liaise with clients and contractors, and participate in community consultation
- Assist Project Managers with tasks such as monthly project and budget update summaries, preparation of meeting minutes, scheduling and coordinating field programs, and responding to request for proposals and other client information requests.
Our successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Desire to work on interesting, fast-paced projects with the opportunity to learn and expand skills
- Technically strong, with a thorough approach to work and a functional understanding of applicable territorial and federal regulations and guidelines
- Commitment to a safe equitable working environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable with liaising with clients, colleagues and sub-contractors alike
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, and strong quality and time management
- Self-starter, develops and delivers work under own initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications
- Highly motivated and willingness to learn new tasks.
At AECOM , we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
AECOM is the leading, worldwide environmental services provider to industry and government — delivering sustainable energy and environmental solutions to meet compliance, business and operational needs. Our advisory and technical staff deliver specialized solutions to unusual and complex problems facing client projects across the full business life cycle — from asset planning, development and operations, to product integration and facility compliance, to site remediation, restoration, sustainability and reuse, and holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. Our solutions balance complex technical, regulatory, business and stakeholder issues to produce measurable value and cost-saving approaches for our clients
- Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Geological Sciences
- 4 years experience in environmental consulting, preferably in northern Canada, performing contaminated site assessment and remediation
- Valid driver’s license.
- Registered professional in NWT/Nunavut
- Experience planning and executing field programs in remote, northern locations
- Experience working on assessment and remediation projects with territorial, Federal and private clients in Northern Canada.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 249931BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position, please click on this link: https://aecom.jobs/yellowknife-nw/environmental-engineer/B2A912E46C05405DACD330C0219ECF58/job/
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone.
Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, infrastructure powers possibilities to help people and communities thrive.
Across the globe, our clients in the public and private sectors count on us to take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we partner with our clients to build legacies for generations to come.
We are the world’s premier infrastructure firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We’re planners, designers, engineers, consultants and construction managers driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Imagine it. Delivered.