The Environmental Specialist works under the direction of the Executive Director of EMAB. The primary purpose of this position is:
- Provide technical support and carry out environmental data analysis as required by EMAB;
- Prepare communications to support the needs of the EMAB, the Parties and the general public;
- Reviewing and assist EMAB in developing feedback in Environmental Management plans and regulatory instruments
- Provide information management services and administrative support as required by EMAB.
- Internal Review of environmental documentation and preparation of reports for the Executive Director and Directors;
- Preparation of technical report summaries for internal and external use;
- To assist EMAB with all communications with its respective members, especially Aboriginal communities;
- To ensure that EMAB is conveying information to communities in the appropriate media, including plain language summaries;
- To document and convey issues, concerns and recommendations from communities under the direction of, and at the request of, the appropriate Director;
- Provide assistance to the Executive Director and Directors as required.
- Attendance at all meetings, workshops, site visits and other events as directed by the Executive Director. This may include taking notes for the meetings.
- Post-secondary degree in the environmental sciences or similar fields.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with experience in handling, verification and interpretation of data;
- Knowledge of the North, Aboriginal and environmental issues, including government and co-management structures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and oral form in technical and plain language, with a sound knowledge and awareness of cultural and language challenges in the north;
- Experience working with Boards and Aboriginal Communities;
- Excellent working knowledge of computers, Microsoft office programs such as: PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel.
Application Deadline is March 19, 2021
Environmental Monitoring Advisory Board
P.O. Box 2577
Ph: (867) 766-3682