This position reports to the Executive Director of EMAB. The primary purpose of this position is:
- Provide technical support and carry out environmental data analysis as required by EMAB;
- Prepare communications to support the needs of the EMAB, the Parties and the general public;
- Reviewing and assist EMAB in developing feedback in Environmental Management plans and regulatory instruments
- Provide information management services and administrative support as required by EMAB.
Send applications to email@example.com by July 29, 2022.
Refer to website for further information.
Primary duties are:
- Internal Review of environmental documentation and preparation of reports for the Executive Director and Directors;
- Preparation of technical report summaries for internal and external use;
- To assist EMAB with all communications with its respective members, especially Aboriginal communities;
- To ensure that EMAB is conveying information to communities in the appropriate media, including plain language summaries;
- To document and convey issues, concerns and recommendations from communities under the direction of, and at the request of, the appropriate Director;
- Post-secondary degree in the environmental sciences or similar fields.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with experience in handling, verification and interpretation of data;
- Knowledge of the North, Aboriginal and environmental issues, including government and co-management structures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and oral form in technical and plain language, with a sound knowledge and awareness of cultural and language challenges in the north;
- Experience working with Boards and Aboriginal Communities;
- Excellent working knowledge of computers, Microsoft office programs such as: PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel.
The Environmental Monitoring Advisory Board (EMAB) was established in 2001 as a condition of the Environmental Agreement (EA) signed by Diavik Diamond Mines Inc., GNWT - Environment & Natural Resources, Tłı̨chǫ̨ Government, Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Kitikmeot Inuit Association, North Slave Metis Alliance and Lutselk'e Dene First Nation. EMAB is incorporated as a Society under the Societies Act of the Northwest Territories. The eight person Board of Directors is appointed by each of the parties to the EA.